Last week was so busy so although I didn't get to blog I wanted to catch ya'll up on everything going on in our world.
- For Jason's birthday (in March) I bought him Counting Crows tickets. The show was (finally) last Tuesday and was amazing! We had great seats to see Adam Duritz up close and personal.
- Last Thursday we hosted a dinner for our church dinner group. It was so fun and a major success. I get nervous cooking dinner for a large group (especially on a work day while also wrangling a one year old), but everything was great. I made a simple pasta dish and a big salad and others brought apps and dessert.
- Is it sad that I'm actually HAPPY the Nordstrom Anniversary sale is over? It was just too tempting to go on a shopping binge with all of the great deals on fall and winter items. I didn't buy any of the higher priced items like boots or bags but I did grab a few pieces that I think will be great wardrobe staples for this fall - all recommended by Sheaffer. Good thing Ashley and I don't live in the same town anymore since we purchased all of the same items!
What did you purchase? Let me know if you'd be interested in doing a linkup sharing all of our goodies from the sale.
- We are planning a trip to Estes Park, Colorado next month to see my mom's new place. If you have been to Estes, please share all of your recommendations on your hits and misses. I think Jack needs this shirt for Colorado by Hanna Andersson...especially since our backyard is being overtaken by raccoons at the moment (check out Instagram).
- I'm obsessed with Revlon's Colorstay Moisture Stain. I love everything about it - the packaging, the price, the pigmentation and the applicator. I have Cannes Crush (below) and Shanghai Sizzle (bright red) and want more! Next time you are at the drugstore, pick one up!
Thank you to Meg for recommending it here!
- I'm reading Orange is the New Black and even though I haven't finished it Jason and I started watching the series on Netflix last weekend. We got through 7 episodes already in 2 days and we are hooked!